The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

‘Crying Nazi’ Christopher Cantwell's Lawyer Says He’s Just Kidding About Killing Jews

Started by Harry, September 03, 2017, 10:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

http://www.thedailybeast.com/crying-nazi-christopher-cantwells-lawyer-says-hes-just-kidding-about-killing-jews">//http://www.thedailybeast.com/crying-nazi-christopher-cantwells-lawyer-says-hes-just-kidding-about-killing-jews
QuoteCHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia — Christopher Cantwell's lawyer says his client's comments disparaging blacks and Jews is just a comedic act of a "shock jock," comparing him to the Jewish comedian Jackie Mason.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/01/white-nationalist-denied-bond-for-felony-charges-in-charlottesville-rally.html">//http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/01/white-nationalist-denied-bond-for-felony-charges-in-charlottesville-rally.html

QuoteCantwell faces charges including malicious bodily injury by means of a caustic substance or agent. He told The Associated Press that he pepper-sprayed a counter-demonstrator in self-defense during an August 11 protest on the Charlottesville campus, a day before the much larger white nationalist rally.

The video of the teary-eyed Cantwell led social media commenters to name him "the crying Nazi," but he told the Daily Beast, "One minute I'm a f---ing white supremacist terrorist and the next minute I'm a f---ing crybaby?"

He described himself in testimony as a "shock jock" but ultimately admitted he hosted "a racist podcast," The Daily Progress added.

RW

Quote"Cantwell's attorney is Elmer Woodard, who appeared in court wearing an early-1800s-style red waistcoat with gold buttons, bowtie, white muttonchop whiskers, black velcro shoes, and a a 1910s-style straw boater hat. Cantwell said Woodard was his fourth choice for legal counsel after three other lawyers declined to take his case."

WTF?  Hahaha

Quote"Albemarle County Commonwealth's Attorney Robert Tracci asked Judge Sheryl Higgins to allow him to introduce as evidence videos of Cantwell making violent statements, including some of his closing words in the Vice documentary: "I think [Heather Heyer's death] was more than justified... I think that a lot more people are gonna die before we're done here, frankly."

Woodard objected, claiming that videos of his own client speaking were hearsay evidence.

"How is it hearsay when it's your client's own words?" Higgins replied, overruling Woodard's objection.

I have to say, I do enjoy it when violent pieces of neo-nazi shit are represented by really shitty lawyers.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Harry

RW

This crybaby is a real peach...

Quote"I was just one alcoholic, on the verge of homelessness, facing trial for a felony. I was hardly capable of starting a revolution," he said. "I had decided that I was going to be one of those guys, like Jerad Miller. I was just going to go out blasting and take as many of them with me as I could. But on some level I kind of knew that even this wouldn't start the revolution. I was ready to die, I still am today, but I wanted it to be sort of meaningful, right?"

QuoteCantwell has supported overthrowing the U.S. government and told the Southern Poverty Law Center that his goal is to "normalize racism."

I'm going to make a commercial enterprise out of saying things that people want to make illegal," he told the Southern Poverty Law Center. "I'm going to make a whole f***ing bunch of money doing it. Anybody who gets in my way is going to find themselves in a very long list of people who regretted underestimating me."

He can rot in jail.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blurt

Quote from: "RW"
Quote"Cantwell's attorney is Elmer Woodard, who appeared in court wearing an early-1800s-style red waistcoat with gold buttons, bowtie, white muttonchop whiskers, black velcro shoes, and a a 1910s-style straw boater hat. Cantwell said Woodard was his fourth choice for legal counsel after three other lawyers declined to take his case."

WTF?  Hahaha

This post needs visuals.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2yujzwh.jpg">
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Harry

RW

I don't get it.  If he's just an innocent victim of big bad AntiFa, why is he being denied bail and considered a flight risk?  

Interesting that's he's being picked up for something that happened the night before the big protest.  What happened that night?  Sounds like the Alt-Right wasn't as innocent and peaceful as some want to believe.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

RW

Paranoid?  We aren't watching the sky waiting for the big bad "muslimes" to come get us.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Some of you are really paranoid. You think everyone is Heinrich Himmler. :crazy:

Yes, the hyperbole.

:negative:

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Harry

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/opinion/comedy-protest-taxes-nazis.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark">//https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/opinion/comedy-protest-taxes-nazis.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

QuoteIn Olympia, Wash., in 2005, a march of about a dozen brown-shirted neo-Nazis was met by protesting clowns, goose-stepping, Nazi-style. Hundreds of counterprotesters turned the occasion into a celebration of diversity and unity.

Two years later in Knoxville, Tenn., residents countered a white supremacist march with a hastily assembled group calling itself the Coup Clutz Clowns. The clowns pretended not to understand the shouts of "White power!"

"White flour?" the clowns cried, throwing some in the air. "White flower? Tight shower? Wife power!" For wife power, some of them put on wedding dresses.

And in 2012 in Charlotte, N.C., clowns protesting a far-right march held up "Dwight Power!" signs, evoking the Charlotte Hornets player Dwight Howard.

Responding to far-right demonstrators with mockery originated in Europe, where one outstanding recent example took place in the German town of Wunsiedel. Unable to dislodge annual marches with ordinary counterprotests, the town took a new tack in 2014. For every meter the neo-Nazis marched, the town donated 10 euros to an organization that helped people leave right-wing extremist groups. Residents hung silly signs along the route and threw confetti at the end, leaving the neo-Nazis responsible for raising $12,000 against their own cause.

Humor has a long and honored place in American politics as well.

And counterintuitive though it may seem, ridicule and mockery have long been an effective way to disarm protesters who espouse bigotry and racial supremacy. If you want to resist those who would stir up violence, using humor is more effective than staying at home when they march, and far better than rewarding their provocations with a melee in the streets.

Here's what white supremacists want to do when they stage a rally:

• Legitimize their views.

• Strengthen their self-image as part of the downtrodden.

• Unite their squabbling factions.

• Attract new people to the movement.

• Control media coverage.

• Feel powerful and heroic.

They can accomplish all of those goals when the Antifa, or anti-fascists, respond to violence by throwing fists or rocks.

"For the far-right groups, violence is central to their way of looking at the world," said Peter Simi, associate professor of sociology at Chapman University. "The idea of having violent confrontation and conflicts fuels and energizes them. They feed off it.

"It also helps perpetuate their own narrative about victimization and persecution —'Look, we can't even have a free speech rally without being attacked.' "

For the same reasons that violence by counter-protesters helps the far right, mockery hurts. "Ridicule makes the far right look less attractive to the type of people they want to attract," said Cas Mudde, an associate professor in the School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Georgia. "There's a sizable portion who are there for the thrill. It doesn't mean they don't believe in the broader ideology, but they really enjoy the potential violence. They want to feel dangerous and important. They don't want to feel like part of a sketch." He thinks that's true for the Antifa as well.

After all, which plan is more attractive to young macho men? "We'll face a small group of masked tough guys" or "We'll face a large number of men, women and children wearing silly hats and big red noses"?

Humor and mockery are also good strategies for classic political protest — whether against politicians who enable white supremacists, or policies like tax cuts for the rich. A good joke creates a memorable, clear message, allowing the protesters to reframe the issue and attract supporters. Humor engages people on an emotional level and — if it is not meanspirited — it can open them to your message. And it can expose absurdity. A social-change strategist, John Jackson, calls it "making the invisible visible."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Harry"https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/opinion/comedy-protest-taxes-nazis.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark">//https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/opinion/comedy-protest-taxes-nazis.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

QuoteIn Olympia, Wash., in 2005, a march of about a dozen brown-shirted neo-Nazis was met by protesting clowns, goose-stepping, Nazi-style. Hundreds of counterprotesters turned the occasion into a celebration of diversity and unity.

Two years later in Knoxville, Tenn., residents countered a white supremacist march with a hastily assembled group calling itself the Coup Clutz Clowns. The clowns pretended not to understand the shouts of "White power!"

"White flour?" the clowns cried, throwing some in the air. "White flower? Tight shower? Wife power!" For wife power, some of them put on wedding dresses.

And in 2012 in Charlotte, N.C., clowns protesting a far-right march held up "Dwight Power!" signs, evoking the Charlotte Hornets player Dwight Howard.

Responding to far-right demonstrators with mockery originated in Europe, where one outstanding recent example took place in the German town of Wunsiedel. Unable to dislodge annual marches with ordinary counterprotests, the town took a new tack in 2014. For every meter the neo-Nazis marched, the town donated 10 euros to an organization that helped people leave right-wing extremist groups. Residents hung silly signs along the route and threw confetti at the end, leaving the neo-Nazis responsible for raising $12,000 against their own cause.

Humor has a long and honored place in American politics as well.

And counterintuitive though it may seem, ridicule and mockery have long been an effective way to disarm protesters who espouse bigotry and racial supremacy. If you want to resist those who would stir up violence, using humor is more effective than staying at home when they march, and far better than rewarding their provocations with a melee in the streets.

Here's what white supremacists want to do when they stage a rally:

• Legitimize their views.

• Strengthen their self-image as part of the downtrodden.

• Unite their squabbling factions.

• Attract new people to the movement.

• Control media coverage.

• Feel powerful and heroic.

They can accomplish all of those goals when the Antifa, or anti-fascists, respond to violence by throwing fists or rocks.

"For the far-right groups, violence is central to their way of looking at the world," said Peter Simi, associate professor of sociology at Chapman University. "The idea of having violent confrontation and conflicts fuels and energizes them. They feed off it.

"It also helps perpetuate their own narrative about victimization and persecution —'Look, we can't even have a free speech rally without being attacked.' "

For the same reasons that violence by counter-protesters helps the far right, mockery hurts. "Ridicule makes the far right look less attractive to the type of people they want to attract," said Cas Mudde, an associate professor in the School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Georgia. "There's a sizable portion who are there for the thrill. It doesn't mean they don't believe in the broader ideology, but they really enjoy the potential violence. They want to feel dangerous and important. They don't want to feel like part of a sketch." He thinks that's true for the Antifa as well.

After all, which plan is more attractive to young macho men? "We'll face a small group of masked tough guys" or "We'll face a large number of men, women and children wearing silly hats and big red noses"?

Humor and mockery are also good strategies for classic political protest — whether against politicians who enable white supremacists, or policies like tax cuts for the rich. A good joke creates a memorable, clear message, allowing the protesters to reframe the issue and attract supporters. Humor engages people on an emotional level and — if it is not meanspirited — it can open them to your message. And it can expose absurdity. A social-change strategist, John Jackson, calls it "making the invisible visible."

Harry, do you see the miniscule number of white nationalists under your bed at night.

:001_rolleyes:

Harry

Quote from: "Fashionista"Harry, do you see the miniscule number of white nationalists under your bed at night.

:001_rolleyes:
They'e like weeds.  Pull them out before they take root.